|dc.description.abstract||The 11thLiaison Meeting between the Chairs of the RCMs, the ICES PGCCDBS,
PGMED and PGECON, the STECF EWGs on the DCF, the Regional Database Steering
Committees, the ICES and GFCM representatives and the European Commission was
held at the DG Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Brussels from 8th to 9th October 2014. The 11th Liaison meeting was held in Brussels on 8th and 9th October 2014 to address the
following terms of reference:
TOR 1. Discussion on possible follow-‐‑up to the main outputs/recommendations of:
• The 2014 RCMs and to the sp ecific re commenda tions a ddr e sse d to th e Liaison
• P G ECO N , PG CCDBS, PG Med – ou tcome s an d r e commendation s fr om the ir
• STECF EWG and STEC F Plen ary -‐‑ ou tcome s a n d r e commendation s fr om the ir
• Data end-‐‑ users (IC ES, G F C M, RC Ms)
TOR 2. Compilation of recommendations on the DCF
A compilation of DCF recommendations will be established by the COM by end 2014.
LM needs to agree on which recommendations should be included (i.e. from which
bodies) & covering which years.
TOR 3. Regional cooperation
• G r ants for str eng thene d reg ion al coop eration
• R e g ional da ta b ases
o O ver view of use of the Reg ional Datab ases for R CMs in 2014, and p rob lems
o O ther deve lop ments (RDB training s in 2014, RDB Med&BS develop ment)
o Chang es for the fu tu re – an y re commen da tions from th e LM?
• R C M data calls – ove rview of h ow MS r esp onde d.
TOR 4. Recommended meetings/workshops
• P r ep a r e a list of r ecommen ded me etin g s for 2015 as g u idance for MS
TOR 5. Studies
• O ver view of p rocess
• LM comme nts and p r ioritization of studies p r op osed b y RC Ms, PG ECO N , ICES,
TOR 6. AOB
1. The DCF website has been revamped by the JRC. Any comments on this?
2. Access to the RCM SharePoint
3. Derogations – List of derogations by Member State has been prepared by DG
MARE. Have any RCMs updated this?
4. ICES will provide an update on their plans to re-‐‑evaluate surveys. Should this
be followed by STECF work on surveys to be included in future EU MAP?
5. Annual reports – simplification: presentation of process. 6. Data transmission:
a. new platform for information exchanges between COM, MS and end-‐‑
b. new tool for reporting on how MS complied with the DG MARE/JRC
In addition to the above Terms of Reference, an item was added at the start of the
meeting, regarding the implication of the Landing Obligation on data collection and
the Discard Plans. ||es_ES